Rodent Control and Exterminators
Rodent infestations in homes and businesses pose significant health and safety risks. These pests include rats and mice which can transmit diseases, contaminate food areas with droppings, and even cause property damage by gnawing through building materials like drywall and electrical wiring. It’s essential to be proactive in preventing these infestations and to address any signs of rodent activity immediately. A thorough inspection is needed to identify small entry points that rats and mice can squeeze through to gain access to your home. Expert pest control services offered by Absolute Pest Management provide specialized rodent removal techniques that prioritize safe and effective methods of extermination. Maintenance programs are also available to ensure that once eliminated, rodents don’t return.
Schedule Rodent Inspection
Rodent Treatment Options
Rodent infestations require effective and targeted treatment options to ensure a pest-free environment. Trapping, baiting, and removal are the primary methods employed by Absolute. Each technique offers its own advantages and is tailored to the specific rodent issue and the environment in which they’ve taken residence.
Rodent trapping is a strategic method of eliminating unwelcome rodents from your property using live or lethal traps. We identify high-activity areas and then deploy a variety of rodent traps including glue, snap, and live traps. The placement, type of trap, and bait used are crucial for effectiveness so it’s best to let professionals set them up for optimal success.
Rodent baiting uses rodenticides which are a potent method for addressing rat and mouse infestations. These bait stations contain chemical compounds specifically designed to be lethal to rodents which offer an effective solution for rodent control. These methods should be utilized by professionals to ensure the safety of children and pets around your home.
Once trapping proves effective, the pest control team ensures the thorough removal of all captured rodents from the premises. This is critical because even dead rodents can pass disease if not handled properly.
Absolute’s Pest Free Process
Our process begins with a thorough inspection of your property. Our experienced technicians identify the types of pests present, their breeding grounds, and potential entry points, allowing us to understand the extent of the infestation.
Based on the inspection findings, we develop a customized treatment plan. This could involve the use of environmentally friendly pesticides, traps, or other methods, all designed to effectively eliminate the pests from your property.
After the treatment, we focus on pest prevention, which involves educating clients on how to minimize future pest problems and making your property less attractive to pests. This step is crucial in preventing future infestations.
We stand by our service guarantee and follow up on our treatments to ensure the effectiveness of our work. This allows us to make any necessary adjustments and verify that your rat problem has been thoroughly resolved.
The final step is regular maintenance. We provide ongoing services to ensure that your property remains pest-free. This includes periodic inspections and treatments as necessary, giving you peace of mind knowing that your home is protected from pests.
Types of Rodents
Rodents present multiple challenges for homeowners, each posing significant risks:
Disease Transmission and Allergens: Rodents can transmit various diseases through their feces, urine, or bites. Their presence in food storage areas can lead to contamination which can pose significant health risks and spread salmonella and E. coli. Their presence can also trigger allergic reactions, hives, and asthma attacks.
Aggressive Behavior: When threatened or cornered, certain rodent species might bite in self-defense. The saliva of some of these rodents contains harmful diseases like Leptospirosis and Hantavirus.
Infestation and Property Damage: Rodents reproduce rapidly which makes infestations escalate quickly if not addressed. Their constant need to gnaw and eat can lead to extensive property damage. They can chew through various materials, including certain metals, wood, and even electrical wires.
Signs of Rodents
Identifying a rodent infestation early is crucial for effective management and removal. Here are the top signs indicating the presence of these pests:
- Droppings: One of the most evident signs of rodents are rat and mouse droppings. The size of the droppings can indicate the type of rodent infesting a home.
- Gnaw Marks: Rodents can chew through various materials including plastic, wood, sheetrock, and wire coatings.
- Nests: Nests are typically found in secluded areas and are made from soft materials like shredded cloth, paper, or insulation.
- Rub Marks: As rodents travel, they often leave behind dark sebum (grease marks) or dirt marks on frequently traversed areas.
- Nocturnal Noises: Scratching sounds within walls at night suggest rodent activity.
- Sightings: Spotting a rodent is a clear sign you have a rodent problem. Given their rapid breeding, seeing one usually means more are nearby.
- Distinct Odors: A musky scent from rodent urine or a rotting smell from deceased rodents can be indicative of their presence.
- Entry Points: Holes chewed through drywall, baseboards, or other materials show rodent access points.
- Pet Behavior: Pets have heightened senses and might act unusual when rodents are in the vicinity.
- Dirt Mounds: Dirt mounds from burrowing rodents outside of your home might indicate a rodent issue.
How To Get Rid of Rodents
Rodents like rats and mice, are opportunistic invaders that seek food, shelter, and water within homes. To get rid of rodents:
- Food Control: Store food in sealed containers, clean crumbs from counters, empty garbage cans regularly, wash dirty dishes, and ensure pet food is properly sealed.
- Inspection: Wearing protective gear, inspect your home’s interior and exterior for even the tiniest access points.
- Sanitation: Eliminate food and water sources and declutter to reduce hiding spots.
- Trapping: Set traps or monitoring stations near high activity areas. Traps should be placed strategically where rodents are most likely to trigger them.
- Professional Assistance: Engaging a professional rodent exterminator ensures comprehensive rodent control. Experienced technicians utilize secure monitoring stations, rodenticides, and traps to address the infestation. They’ll also monitor for signs like droppings, gnaw marks, and rub marks.
How to Prevent Rodents
- Seal Entry Points: Ensure all potential entry points, both interior and exterior, are sealed off and rodent proof.
- Food Management: Rodents are often attracted by food. Ensure all food is properly contained, messes are cleaned, and garbage is regularly emptied.
- Declutter: A clutter-free environment reduces potential hiding spots for rodents both inside and outside the home.
- Vegetation Maintenance: Trim trees and shrubs near your home to prevent them from acting as pathways for rodents.
- Eliminate Nesting Materials: Remove materials like shredded paper, fabric, insulation, or leaves, as these are attractive nesting materials for rats and mice.
- Seek Professional Help: Regular pest maintenance will ensure that preventative measures are taken, and signs of rodent activity are noticed immediately which can prevent a full-blown infestation.
Why Choose Absolute Pest Management
Our advanced rodent control techniques are designed to thoroughly eliminate your wasp problem, making your property safe and comfortable.
We won’t rest until your rodent problem is entirely resolved. Our guarantee is a commitment to delivering the results you deserve.
We make top-tier pest control accessible to everyone, without ever compromising on quality.
Our team is comprised of highly skilled professionals, trained in the latest pest control methods to ensure efficient and effective service.
This crucial first step allows us to identify any rodent issues you may have and devise an effective treatment plan.
Friendly and Prompt Service
Your time is valuable to us, and we strive to provide swift, professional, and courteous assistance from start to finish.
Absolute Pest Management Guarantee
Effective rodent treatment designed to last
Guaranteed to kill all rodents in and around your home
Prompt service that will return if treatments are not 100% effective
We just moved into a newly built home, and there were ants, roaches, and spiders everywhere! We gave Absolute a call and they were out within a few days of setting up service, and had the best value (I called and got quotes from three other local providers).
Our technician, Kenny, came out and was absolutely amazing
From day one we have been very happy with the detailed inspections of our home and landscape. Josh, our current technician is a great customer service representative. Easy communication and thorough. We appreciate the detailed summary of service and list of applied products provided after each visit. No pest control issues!
They’ve been coming by for almost a year with easy-to-book quarterly appointments. At the beginning, since I had just moved in to a new house, it required a few reservice appointments. They quickly added me to the schedule and didn’t give me any hassle about coming back. Everyone has been friendly!
Why is rodent control necessary?
Rodent control services are necessary because rodents like rats and mice can transmit various diseases to humans through their droppings, urine, and bites. Additionally, they can cause significant property damage by gnawing on structures, electrical wiring, and personal belongings. Without proper control measures, rodent infestations can escalate rapidly which pose health risks and lead to costly repairs.
What is the best rodent control?
The best rodent control combines proactive measures like sealing entry points and proper food storage with targeted treatments like trapping and baiting. Depending on the severity and type of infestation, professional pest control services may be recommended to ensure a comprehensive and effective solution. Regular monitoring and maintenance also play a crucial role in preventing future infestations.
Are rodents a problem?
Yes, rodents can be a significant problem. They can transmit diseases to humans, contaminate food sources, and cause extensive property damage. Additionally, their rapid reproduction rates can lead to large infestations in a short period, exacerbating the issues they pose.